National Guard Mobile Learning CenterBack to Index | Next Case Study
In support of President Obama’s “Educate to Innovate” mission, RedPeg developed the Energy Lab Mobile Learning Center (MLC) on behalf of the Army National Guard. Visiting underserved communities throughout the United States, the MLC sought to raise STEM literacy by focusing on technology while exploring energy efficiency and alternative energy sources. Students came aboard a modified 64’ rapid deployment vehicle turned movie theater and interactive remote classroom. After viewing an introductory film, high school juniors and seniors visited four energy game stations: wind, water, solar and earth. The culmination of the experience was Energytown, a simulated city that lit up based on the amount of energy produced in the games. In addition to the mobile classroom, The Energy Lab also included online guided curriculum and other teacher resources to extend the conversation after the experience.
- Mobile tour delivered to high school students in underprivileged communities focusing on STEM literacy
- Renewable resource inspired interactive experiences developed in response to President Obama’s “Educate to Innovate” mission
- 24-seat movie theater created and housed in a 64’ tractor trailer
- 83% of students said they were more interested in learning about math and science after visiting the Energy Lab
- 59% of students became more interested in a career in a STEM-related field